Critical Mission. Exceptional Benefits.
When you join AFTC, you become part of a highly respected community working on the utmost challenges in the world of aviation, and your benefits should reflect that.
From a competitive salary to a flexible work schedule as well as continuous learning opportunities and career advancement, our various plan options and benefits rival – and often exceed – those offered in the private sector. As a civilian member of the Air Force acquisition workforce, you can enjoy outstanding federal benefits. Starting the moment you begin a career at AFTC, here are just a few benefits to expect:
- Competitive salaries
- Time off and monetary awards
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Alternate work schedules, flex-time
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), similar to 401(k)
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Civilian Welfare Council
- Wellness Program
- Life insurance
- Family Support Center
In addition to the numerous benefits mentioned above, working on AFTC bases offers access to some of the following recreational, support facilities and more:
- Child development center and child care options
- Fitness centers, swimming pools, jogging tracks, bowling alley, 18-hole golf course, paintball, rock climbing wall, land sailing and bike trails
- Hobby shops (arts/crafts, woodworking and automotive)
- On-base credit union and bank
- Family support centers, social clubs and libraries
- The Armed Forces Vacation Club, which offers affordable vacation housing and amenities around the world for personnel employed by the armed services
- Opportunities for assignments around the world
For more detailed information on benefits, visit the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s benefits page.